Saturday, April 27, 2013

Miscellaneous Photo Dump with Brief Explanations

Ready for some random photos?

We'll start with some memorable moments from before Brett was born. 

I've been trying to capture some everyday snapshots. After I get Spencer off to the bus at the early hour of 7:22am, Emma and John usually lounge in their pj's through breakfast, a Netflix show, and then join me upstairs while I finish getting ready. This particular morning, they were using the bath as their racetrack. 

Daddy makes an excellent horse. 

Book buddies: John and Dad

My very own butter softeners. We were making cookies together, and I had to get a picture of these cuties in their aprons. John is still wearing his Lightning McQueen pajama shirt, which came from "Tana Caus" aka Santa Clause.

Spencer and Dad bought an invention kit at Radio Shack and spent some good time creating circuits and experimenting. Spencer plans to be an inventor when he grows up. 

Two days before my scheduled induction, I took John to the eye doctor to have his tube pulled out. Dr. Malone gave him a few eyedrops to numb his right eye. John was snuggly, but super brave. He didn't even flinch when the doctor came at his eye with tweezers, pulled the tube free of the duct, snipped it, and pulled it out. After it was done, John said "that not hard" and was so proud of himself for being so brave. I was really proud of my little buddy too. He snuggled me pretty good in the doctor's office (no small feat with my huge baby belly), but he was SO good. 

Had to document Emma's awesome outfit when we are at Costco one day. This girl has a strong sense of individual style and the confidence to pull just about anything off! This day was all about layering. 

The day before baby was to be born, I wanted some special time with John and Emma, so we headed to the library for a load of books and a little game time. 

After Brett was born, Emma went on a grandma date and came home with a cute little stuffed dog named Snowflake. Sneaky little puppy often gets into her backpack and goes to kindergarten. Wonder how that happens...

We had a snowstorm when Brett was just a few days old. Our neighbors, the Fergusons, came to our rescue and shoveled our walks and driveway when there was a 2 hour delay for school. Such a tender mercy because Adam had been up all night with a software release, and I had been up with a baby. A couple days later, our own shoveling crew took over when we had another light snowfall. Love this shovel brigade! 

With a baby in the house, John is feeling more and more like a big boy. He is potty-trained and decided he was ready for a big boy bed. He never threatened to climb out of his crib, so we never felt the need to move him. We purchased a new mattress from Costco to add to the bunk bed in Spencer's room, and now the boys are bunkbed buddies.  Amazingly, John doesn't leave his room once we have tucked him in for the night. Wish we could say the same for the older two.

I always check on the kids before I got to bed. This particular night, I found Emma snuggled up with Samantha, a gift from Aunt Heather. 

Emma loves Samantha SO much that she wanted to have her bangs cut to look more like the American Girl doll. 

Here is Emma on Wacky Day. She has mismatched socks (although she does that regularly), backwards shirt, tons of ponytails in her hair, and several necklaces. 

Spencer has become a master paper folder and claw maker. He outfitted best bud Cole, John, and himself with a full set of paper claws. 

My boys are so handsome in sweater vests. 

Brett snoozed his way through his first trip to the library at one month old. 

He likes to snooze with Daddy too. It makes Daddy s-l-e-e-p-y. 

Spencer read My Side of the Mountain and it fired his imagination. He talks regularly of going to live in the Catskill Mountains, has written out a packing list for when he goes, practices making shelters in the forest behind our house, and tried his hand at making clay pots. (Thanks for the clay, Grammy!)

John likes to hang out while I fold laundry. 

Oh, look! Another little laundry helper.

Aunt Celeste lived with us for a few weeks, which we LOVED!  (We miss you!)
One evening, she made these delicious lemon-blueberry scones with Emma. I may or may not have eaten more than my fair share. 

Emma had one for afternoon tea. 

Spencer had a boa constrictor around his neck at the science fair. No big deal. 
(WHAT?!! I couldn't believe he wanted to try this.)

Emma LOVES her dolls. Here's a lineup of her favorites.
(Friend Gracie's McKenna, Jenny, Snegurochka from Russia, Samantha, Phoebe, Celeste)

Emma and I were helping John learn colors by lining the cars up. John is an excellent color matcher, but he thinks it is funny when I say "Look at this blue car, John. What color is this?" to then say "Green!" Sneaker! My new method involves M&Ms. I pull one from the pile and say its color, John pulls the same color and says it out loud, then together we say "It's a ______(color) one" and eat it. Works wonderfully!

Brother love. Brett is a total people (and ceiling fan) watcher. He is one happy little guy if I  put him in a seat where he can see me mill about while making dinner. He has a special set of smiles for his siblings and loves when they play with him. 

Cousin time with Uncle Joel!

We were super lucky that Uncle Greg had spring break and Uncle Nathan was abroad in March so we got to have lots of cousin time. Brett had some pretty sweet smiles to share with Uncle Greg. He loved meeting Aunts Michelle and Jenny too.  
Handsome little man in a onesie embellished by my friend Tera. 

Lily and Emma put on a dress-up show. 
Such pretty girls. 

Brett is pretty awesomely consistent in his spitting up. This time he gave himself a milk mustache - and beard, for that matter - by rubbing his face in his work.

Another snow day in March! So fun to watch my boys playing in the slushy white stuff. They managed to build a snowman and a snow fort out of this small snowfall.



No comments: