Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday Interview: John

While we're in the swing of things, let's get some Johnny responses down as well. John has been looking forward to his birthday in a BIG way. We had to make up a calendar to give some visual cues to how many more days he has to wait. Whenever we talk about birthdays, he gets a glint in his eye, smiles big, and says "My birfday. It's coming?" 
"Yes, John, it is. It's coming soon." 
"It's coooo-ming," he replies with delight. One day he even pulled the chair from Adam's office into the family room (where we traditionally open presents) and got things all set up. That boy is ready for May 5th and some "heavy, heavy hangover thy poor head" or "bonk my head" as he calls it. (This is a Wride tradition where you get bonked on the head with a gift and wish the giver something nice before opening the present). Hearing John chat about his birthday is almost as cute as when he greeted all of our neighbors with a "Merry Mis-mas" as we caroled last December. It's become legendary on our street as the cutest thing ever. Love this boy. 




My favorite food: Hot dog

My favorite sport to play: Wootpa (Football)

My favorite TV show or movie: Barney Goes to the Fire House and Fireman Sam (He watches one of these every morning while eating breakfast)

The coolest person on earth: Me

My favorite thing to learn about: Firemen

One thing I am awesome at: My birthday is May 5th. My birthday come up.

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to: Pool!

My favorite color: Um, Green. (Spencer pipes in...I thought you liked pink.) Pink.

When I grow up I'm going to be: Builder

My favorite song: Little One ("God Bless my Little One" is a song Great Gpa Barnard sings to grand babies). 

Three words that best describe me: Me

And...that's where we lost him to the toys in the corner. I'll answer the rest for my little buddy. 

When I was little I was: Smiley. This kiddo has smiled at passersby from an early age and has the most winning grin. 

My favorite season: Any one that permits him to be outside. Snow? Yes. Rain? Yes. Sunny? Time for sprinklers. 

My favorite snack: Clementines are a big favorite right now. 

The food I hate most: Broccoli. We had "My Favorite Casserole" this evening, and he loves every bit of it except the green stuff. Picks it out every time. He loves cucumbers, green beans, and has made major headway on salad. It's not all green veggies he dislikes, but he definitely has strong feelings about broccoli. 

My best friend: Cole. Or Spencer. Or any of Spencer's friends. Or Tommy, a cute 2 year old neighbor. 

If I had one wish, I would: Have it be May 5th. We talk about it all the time, and the other day John was walking through the kitchen chanting "May 5th, May 5th..." to himself. So cute. 

If I had a million dollars, I would: Put it toward legos, squirt guns, cars, and anything used to fight "baa-guys." 

1 comment:

Brock and Kate said...

Loved reading all of these! What personalities! We sure love all of your kiddos.