Sunday, July 13, 2008

BIG News!!!

Tonight, we went over to a friend's house to have dinner, and their daughter Anna Sophia is our new hero. She is a month younger than Emma and, with the help of her two sisters Macy and Marley, demonstrated to our little Emma that it IS possible to walk without clutching onto a finger or furniture. Emma has been SO stable for some time, but would arch her back or sit down and sob if anyone tried to coax her into making a go of it alone. So long as she has a finger to hold onto, she could walk forever, but take that finger away...no dice. (It's been compared by many to Dumbo's magic feather...remember how he "needed" it to fly?)

Enter the power of example. Anna Sophia walked quickly from sister to sister and back again, Emma observed the goings on, and this time when I put her up in the standing position and backed away, she tottered on over to my outstretched arms without hesitation. Here is a movie we took of her when we got back home and had her practice walking from Mommy to Daddy and back again. There's nothing better.

We're so proud of you, Lovie!!!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

She hardly wobbles! Looks like she's known how to do that for a long time and really had you guys fooled... :)

Yay Emma!!

Celeste Elaine said...

Now I be done seen about ev'rything
When I see an elephant fly!


I am so proud of Emma! She looks estatic, as well. I am sure that has to do with the support of two loving, kind parents.

merilee said...

Way to go, Emma. You've graduated!

Grammy

merilee said...

Way to go, Emma. You've graduated!

Grammy

Melinda said...

YAY FOR EMMA MARIE! She is just so, so, SO cute. I realized today that I miss hanging out with you guys lately. Can I come over to your house and play with you sometime? :)

I'm realizing I only have a month and a half left to be with my cute niece and nephew. I need to play with them while I still can!