Sunday, July 13, 2008

National Building Museum

My friend Janna took her boys to the National Building Museum and posted a few pictures of it on her blog. (Phew! Got that hyperlink to work, I believe). Ever since reading her post, I have wanted to go. We took the trek when my sis-in-law was down for a visit with her 3 kiddos, and it was the perfect museum for when you have 5 kids aged 4 and under. We had a blast!

The building itself is gorgeous. Here is the courtyard. Spencer and his cousin Maddie (best buds - Spencer was SO sad the day Maddie left) are posing and showing it off.


There were these giant K'NEX type things, which were great fun (and magnetic to boot).


Naturally, the grown-ups had about as much fun because we got to act like kids. Adam was in his element building with the foamy/rubbery giant LEGOS. (He was a legomaniac growing up).


Adam, Spencer, and Maddie built this tower just big enough for one.


Here is Spencer all decked out as a " 'struction guy".


And a picture of Daniel and Ryan helping Aunt Katie knock down some big building blocks.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I've been waiting and hoping for an update and then today I get three?! Fabulous!

We are totally jealous that everyone gets together out there but us... Looks like you guys had a great time!

Celeste Elaine said...

I also like the National Buidling Museum! I have actually thought of writing a children's book about my first experience there...Mom and I were involved in the first production of "Prelude to Glory" when The Mormon Choir of Washington performed there. I was in the orchestra, and we took my cello on the DC metro... that alone is food for a story or two. Something akin to the butterfly that gets caught on the New York Subway, right?

These pictures are way fun... I love your family!

Dave Y said...

That looks like SERIOUS fun!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Marie! What a beautiful family you have! And how gorgeous do you look?! This is April (Lundquist), I know this is random but I was looking up old roomates today to see if I could find any of them... and here you are! Well, I'm glad to see you are doing so well!