Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little Women


Professor Bhaer proposes from Adam Wride on Vimeo.

Today was wonderful for so many reasons. My "little woman" Emma turned 1 today (more on that later). We had a fun and festive celebration with lots of family, then got the kids in their jammies and headed off to see "Little Women", a musical put on by a local theater company. Adam's sister and my brother were in the cast - and both put on spectacular performances. While I figure I need to get Laura's permission before I put video of her on my blog (she was a FABULOUS troll in one of the scenes...hard to explain unless you've seen the show), I did warn Dan ahead of time that I was going to blog tonight about the performance. Let's put aside the fact that "Little Women" is my all-time favorite book and forget the fact that I bawled all through the song Beth and Jo sing just before Beth dies (and all through the second act for that matter). I would have gone just to see my AMAZING little brother sing this song (see above video). If you only have a moment, skip ahead to 1:30 in the video - that's where Dan (as the professor) and" Jo" start to harmonize. It is - lovely! I was so proud to be Dan's sister and kept glancing up the aisle at my mom and dad, who were pleased as punch. We congratulated ourselves just to be related to him. It reminds me of when the girls in our high school chorus class (the teacher included) started to cry when Dan sang a solo because his tone was so pure, clear, beautiful!

Dan - I'm SO proud of you!

p.s. If you watch to the end of the video, you can see Dan fake a stage kiss. That's just good fun!

(written April 18, but the post wouldn't upload until this morning)

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Well done Dan. Looks great. The sound quality isn't great, but you still sound amazing.

lori said...

How fabulous!!! Nothing like a good musical! Dan sounds great!

Just Katy said...

Fake Kiss??? Dan you are the biggest tease.

Chelsea said...

What a beautiful peformance. Bravo Dan!

Disco Mom said...

Love it, what a beautiful scene - thanks for sharing. I guess the alternative 1-man show of Little Women we talked about Dan doing just wouldn't be the same without the harmony. But at least he got the best male role in the play.