Sunday, April 27, 2008

Conversation on the way home from church

Spencer announced on the way home from church today that he was going to sing the "Lamoni song."

"We're all dead...Soon we will be dead..." he began.

Adam and I quickly interjected the more upbeat lyrics of "We're alive...Don't you know that we're alive."

Thank you, "Liken the Scriptures" series. I'll never think of Lamoni's servants and their conversation with Ammon (about the perils of tending the king's flocks) the same way.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Ha! I love it...hey, how have you strangers been? We need to get together again. Any suggestiosn?

Trish and Matt said...

Haha ... the sad thing is I've got that song memorized ... and the rest of the soundtrack, too.

Just Katy said...

I think it's great that Spencer has recognized the transient state of our mortal existence.

Marie W said...

Janna - We DO need to get together! I'll e-mail you directly.

Onthego - Glad we're not the only ones with this tune running through our heads. ;0)

Katy - That's right...it's not morbid, just mature...right?