Monday, September 27, 2010

Cunningham Falls

When my mom grew up, she spent the summers with her family at their lakeside cabin in northern California. Lacking quick access to CA, I grew up with my mom making weekly treks to the state parks of nearby Maryland. We'd fill the 15 passenger van with friends, sand toys, and a picnic and head up Rt. 15 for a day of fun.

As a result, I love lakes. I took my kids several times this summer, initially feeling very brave that I would venture such a trip by myself with 3 kids...and now not even remembering what it was like without our little John. He made his first trip to the lake at the ripe old age of 2 months old. As you will see in upcoming posts, he did a respectable amount of traveling this summer. Fortunately, this is one baby that loves snuggling up in a baby bjorn. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get a picture of oneself and one's baby whilst wearing said contraption, and I did not think to ask any of the friends who accompanied us on our lake trips to take one for me.

Here are a few of the "big" kids at the lake.




This photo has my sister Trina, Natalie T (a friend from church), Pascual cousins, and Emma. Spencer was busy building a sand castle, so he didn't join on the train of tubes.


Emma and Spencer on the "beach".


Here is a great blue heron that we have seen several times on our trips. It is a huge, gorgeous bird. If blogger were being more cooperative, I would upload a video we took that shows how close we got to it. As it is, the video upload keeps failing. Ah, technology, our love/hate relationship continues.


No comments: