Thursday, April 22, 2010

Guess what I got for my birthday?

April 3rd started off spectacularly. Any day that begins with a family breakfast in bed (I don't like to eat alone) shows some definite promise. Then, we were off to an Easter egg hunt with friends. That means happy kids. Finally, we got to spend the day listening to General Conference, which is a total bonus because it means we spend the day with family listening to uplifting messages. Then you add into the mix the fact that I have a husband who is the master of surprise.

That's right. Baby #3 is on the way and, after months of posturing to make sure I was convinced we were going to wait on making such a big purchase, Adam presented me with this on my birthday:

That's right. My dream car - complete with a big, red bow. He did tell me two days before that he had been looking for weeks and wanted me to have a chance to weigh in on such a big decision so we could pick the right minivan. We had looked at a few, and I loved this one. He did all the negotiating over the phone, got his dad to drive him down to the car lot, and managed to deliver this beauty on my actual birthday.

We loved exploring all the features and showing off the stow-n-go seats.


Is this guy the greatest, or what? Love you, babe. Eternity with you sounds like a really great idea.

7 comments:

Adam W. said...

Who let that little girl have gum in the car?

Eva McGann said...

YOu have such an awesome husband!! Way to go Adam for pulling off a surprise!

Melinda said...

Woohoo Adam! Best first brother in law ever!

Janna said...

Sa-WEET! Welcome to the mini-van club...nice surprise, Adam! Enjoy!

Dave & Kami said...

What a fun bday surprise!!! so fun seeing you yesterday. The Y.W. will love you!

Janet said...

I'm slow to respond, but you do have a gem of a husband which is no less than you deserve. You are both so thoughtful and kind. And it is a great car!

Anonymous said...

What a great family!!!! I want to be like you, Marie! I can only imagine how much fun you will have with your minivan - soccer, ballet, picnics, cello room, etc. galore! Oh the adventures in store! Love you!