Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

I love cherry blossom season. When I was growing up, there was a cherry blossom tree in our front yard, and I spent endless hours sitting in that tree. It was great for climbing, and I gathered many a bouquet from its branches. The cherry blossoms always come out around my birthday, which is a bonus. Last year, Adam and I took a trip downtown to enjoy the beautiful scene around the tidal basin. This year, we brought the kids and went with our friends, the Rasmussens. We packed a picnic, took a GREAT walk from our friends' apt in Arlington (right by Arlington cemetery, across Memorial Bridge, and down to the tidal basin), and ended the evening with a quick tour of the FDR Memorial.

Here are our friends, the Rasmussens...who have trained their children well how to smile nicely for photos.


Here's our family...not a single photo from the day has both kids smiling. Emma mostly does this funny forced smile these days. Spence was a sport to pose for the picture when he wanted to be playing freeze tag with the fellas. (Love you, bud).


Em humored me for a few more shots down by the blossoms. She likes it when we do things "'cause we're the girls." I love having this little lady in our family.


And kudos to Adam for being our photographer. He loves having a camera that snaps a shot per second, though sometimes the subjects start to wonder just how many photos we really need...

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Love that last picture... :) And you're looking so cute and pregnant-y!