Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bip the Bee

This post is for our sweet little friend, Lucy. It wasn't too long ago that Spencer was absolutely terrified of bees too. They like to buzz around the swingset, and Spencer found them to be unwelcome visitors (in other words, screamed when he saw them). However, one day he presented a challenge to me while swinging. "Mommy, tell me a story about bip and bees." What came out was this little ditty. It is no great masterpiece, but it is just silly enough to have made bees our buddies.



And so...my current solution to childhood fears and other angst? Music. It has proven to be a calming and motivating influence in our home. I am always making up songs about bath time, brushing teeth, washing hands...whatever seems to be a dilemma in our household. It keeps both the kids and me in a good mood. We hope you like this song too, Lucy.

Disclaimer: Spencer's outfit is of his own choosing, and Emma's face is covered with chocolate chip cookies. No shame in that.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You are such an amazing mom, Marie! I hope you know what an incredible example you are to me (and everyone else around you)! Love you guys!

Leslie said...

Okay Marie, did you really just make that song up? It is SO cute!

Now I'm all curious about the other songs you make up about other things, because seriously that was adorable!! Our made up songs over here are no where near as darling, or as catchy.

And your kids, as usual, are cute as can be! :)

Marie W said...

:0) Admittedly, this is by far the most creative of my made-up songs. But you're right...those kiddos are always cute.

We miss you Utah family! When is everyone coming back to visit? Kris - Thanksgiving? ;0)

lori said...

BLESS YOU! We've been watching Bip daily! Lucy loves it! Marie, I'm going to find you an agent! You should be in the song business! That was darling beyond all reason!!!!

Trish and Matt said...

Well, if your day job doesn't work out, you can always go write songs for the Wiggles!!

Too cute.

Chelsea said...

Marie, you are awesome. That is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! And I totally agree that you should be writing songs for The Wiggles - that is better than most of their songs!