Thursday, February 28, 2008

Prez Day at Massanutten

We joined my fam for a fabulous mini vacation over President's Day. We drove a few hours south to meet up with them at a timeshare. It was FREEZING after the first day, but what a blast. We went go-cart racing (wish I had pictures of when Adam sped by my little sister (age 10), swimming (daily), played arcade games (Mom and I tied for the air hockey championship since the puck refused to come out of the table for us to finish our tied game), and spent two hours sledding down a series of hill (thankfully, there is a moving walkway that takes you back to the top so it is all good fun). I tried water aerobics - a blast. Although I was the youngest person there (the next youngest lady being my mom), I am SO a fan of working out without sweating. I could get used to that. A surprisingly good workout too, since the water provides so much resistance.

Here are a few pictures of our time there. Spencer keeps talking about it and for the first few days just wanted to go back to "the condo". (Massanutten is a little harder to say).
Marie, Emma, and "Papa" bundled up against the cold

Spence checking out the arcade games

Emma the beach babe in her cute pink suit

Adam and Joel on their tubes, ready to conquer the 3-humped sledding hill
Adam and Spencer with skiers in the background

Marie and Emma - from this vantage point we could watch them make snow. Yes, Utahns, that is right. We have a little trouble in that department here in VA - particularly this year.

3 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

What a fun little vacation! It's so fun to have a break from every day life!

wes said...

(Lori)
How fun!! Even in the cold!
(And I took a H20 aerobics class when I was pregnant with Lucy - I'm such a fan!)

Katie and Eric said...

IT looks like you guys had a great time. So fun that you live so close to both of your families!:)