Thursday, September 6, 2007

Teriyaki Beef & Vegetables - YUM!

I always appreciate it when friends post recipes that have been successes in their kitchens because I am always looking for good dinner ideas. Here is one we had tonight. I am so pleased that I can make my OWN teriyaki sauce and am no longer tied to the bottle. Here are the goods. Cooking time is really quite fast; it's just the chopping that takes some time. Maybe you all out there in the blogosphere can wield a knife against the carrot foe faster than I. Happy cooking!

1 lb. top sirloin steak
4 carrots
2 medium zucchini
4 green onions, sliced
2 T oil
1 tsp. beef bouillon
2 T cornstarch
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion salt
1 T red wine vinegar
3 T soy sauce
1 cup water
4 cups cooked rice (2 dry, 4 cups water)

Cut meat, carrots, zucchini and onions in thin diagonal slices. Heat 2 T oil in large skillet. Add meat slices and cook, stirring constantly, until meat is no longer red, 4-5 minutes. Remove meat to bowl. Cover to keep warm. Add carrots. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Add zucchini and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.

In saucepan, combine brown sugar, beef bouillon, cornstarch, garlic powder, and onion salt. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce and water. (I whisked this so there wouldn't be any lumps). Cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add meat and vegetables. Serve over rice. YUM!

2 comments:

lori said...

MMMmmmmm! When we're having a fed-up-with-the-cafeteria day, we'll have to try this out! I love recipe posts too!

Darci said...

wow that sounds really good. Have you tried it with chicken. I think we are going to have to make that for dinner tomorrow night.