Thursday, September 20, 2007

Relaxed in WV


Relaxed in WV
Originally uploaded by Adam W.
We've fallen a bit behind in blogging since our camera died. However, last weekend we spent a relaxing 24 hours out at Carol and Geary's WV cabin. (Katy, we missed you by just a few hours). Carol (my aunt) sent this picture of my happy, handsome hubby with our sweet kids. There is nothing better than being cuddled up with cute kids on a Saturday morning and reading a book. I believe that at this particular moment I was out on the hammock reading my own book.

It is so nice to break away from the norm every once in a while. What do you all do to relax? Where do you go?


p.s. posted by Marie, via Adam's flicrk account

6 comments:

Trish and Matt said...

We've started biking (with the kids in tow in their bike trailers.) It's nice to get some exercise and breathe in the fresh air every now and then!

lori said...

Love this pic! Glad you had a nice getaway!

Sometimes when Lucy is a little tired or crabby she asks for her "green blankie" and says "I just need to lax!" (RElax, she means :)

We like to drive up the canyon for a breather sometimes! Sounds pretty good right now, actually!

Brooke said...

When we first moved here and everything was all disorganized and the simplest tasks seemed stressful, Lincoln became obsessed with Popsicles. He was always asking for a Popsicle. I soon realized that it wasn't so much the Popsicle (although who doesn't love their tasty coldness), but it was that when we ate Popsicles we were all together, outside, away from the boxes, and happy. I've thought about that a lot since then and how important it is to take a "Popsickle break" as we started calling them.

Just Katy said...

For a good time, I like to try to hunt down elusive relative. Alas, they are too devious for me to catch up to, much like Carmen Sandiego.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

obviously my new relaxing outlet is blogging...I'm kind of pathetic. Oh well, it works!! It's either that or reading about that tragic love story between Bella and her Vampire!

Marie W said...

Katy - I trust that means you were wandering the back hills of WV. Sad!

Thanks for the relaxation tips, everyone!