Thursday, January 10, 2013

Class Parties


The kids had some fun winter parties at school. I am volunteering as a room mom in Emma's class this year, which is great fun because I get to help plan the crafts for the parties. John was my companion for this party because Adam had a conference call at the same time. (Usually, John gets to have a little daddy time while I am at Emma's school). John didn't mind tagging along. He got to have some chocolate milk and snack with Emma and then shadowed her in all the other activities. He thinks kindergarten is pretty great.

Here's Emma working on the craft: a winter picture frame. My friend (and fellow room mom) Jamie and I took the photos of the kids and then Emma helped me prep each of the frames by putting the photos in place. The kids did all the decorating. Hurrah for foam stickers!

Here are John and Emma waiting in line for the snowball toss.

Spencer had a great class party too. His snack was hot cocoa and graham crackers. For their activities, the kids made bird food (cheerios, oatmeal, and glitter) to spread on the grass and braided strips of flannel to make toys for the dogs and cats at the local animal shelter.

Spence caught on quickly to the braiding. I was pretty impressed since it has never occurred to me to introduce this skill to my oldest boy. Adam and I switched off for this party. I went to the fun activities, and Adam met up to have lunch with Spencer right after the party. We love these hard-working school kids and are glad they get to have some good fun at school too.

No comments: