Monday, May 14, 2012

Through Spencer's Eyes...

S and E are at school, and John is trucking around the main level with a lego horse going, "Neigh!" and stopping intermittently to pretend feed it from his plate at the little table or have it gallop up and down the piano keyboard.

I am going through school papers in an attempt to sort through the piles that inevitably multiply in the kitchen over a busy weekend. Here's a transcribed gem from Spencer that must be recorded.

All About My Mom!
My mom is nice.
She has blue eyes.
She is 6 feet tall. (Wow!)
She weighs 600 pounds.  (Really??)
She is 30 years old. (31, but I don't mind that he stopped counting.)
Her favorite food is mint chocolate ice cream. (Right on, kiddo!)
She likes to read. (Yes, I do!  Every snatched minute I can.)
She is really good at keeping track of stuf. (sic)
I help her cook. (And I love it when you do. Spence is an expert salad-maker. He also sets the table as his family job.)
My favorite thing about my mom is she gives me presents at christmas. (I love that, too, Spence.)


Such a gem.

He also made me a cute portrait where I am bald but wearing a hat. Underneath the hat is a writing assignment, which goes like this:

Dear Mom,
I love you because you make dinner for us every night.

There was more, but it got erased so it could fit under the hat. SUPER cute. I got some sweet cards on Sunday from Spencer, Emma, and John after church. S and E had "love you because you make dinner" as a recurring theme. I'm glad they get the message that I do these daily tasks because I love them.


John is getting rocks out of one of the planters, and I can tell by smell that it's time to change a diaper. That's all for now, folks. Time to get back to mothering.

3 comments:

lori said...

so sweet!! Sure love you, Marie! You are a mother I truly look up to! Glad you had a wonderful holiday! Give those littles (who are GROWING UP!! I can't believe John is two! And I thought your cupcake horse was actaully rather impressive!) a hug for me!!

Marie W said...

Dearest Lori!! So wonderful to see a comment email pop up in my inbox and discover such kind words from a dear, dear friend. Thank you! I can't believe how big your two angels are getting, either. Sending our love from VA!

Greg and Michelle said...

I love Spencer! Thanks for sharing these cute moments with us all! And don't worry Marie - you are an absolutely beautiful "600 lbs."