Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Piano Man


piano man
Originally uploaded by Adam W.
We interrupt the regularly scheduled catch-up blogging for some current news. Spencer is now playing the piano! He has had 3 lessons so far from an AMAZING teacher (Melaney Tagg), and he is loving it. At yesterday's lesson, he played his first duet; today, he asked me if I would play it with him. Never mind that it has 7 flats and is written in the bass clef (NOT a friendly clef for a violinist). I figured it out, and we played this about ten times this morning (yes - still in our pj's). It was a fantastic, fun musical moment. Emma even had her dollhouse people dancing to the tune.

Later today, I went in to volunteer in Spencer's kindergarten class. They were reading from their writing folders when I walked in, and Spencer proudly showed me the "story" he had written, complete with illustration. "I play the piano. I play the piano really well" it read.

Yes, you do, Spence, and we are so proud of you!

3 comments:

Charly said...

So cute!!!

Melinda said...

This absolutely warms my heart!

Greg and Michelle said...

Hurray! Congratulations Spencer (and Marie for playing in 7 flats and bass clef on demand! Way to go Marie! I am very impressed with your musical versatility!) Have fun Spencer!