Monday, July 5, 2010

2 months old already??

The other day, I set up an informal, amateur photo shoot for our little John after church. He wore an outfit that my Aunt Susan and cousins Mackenzie and Kirsten sent out, and it was too adorable not to document. (LOVE it! The thank you note is still sitting on my counter...gotta get that in the mail...)

And so, to celebrate his 2 month birthday, I am posting these photos of our little John.


Amazing how a picture like that can come from a set-up like this, no?


John gave us a sleepy smile. He is starting to give lots of awake ones too, but you gotta be quick with the camera on those.


I love this serious look. John is a VERY observant boy. He spends his awake time actively looking around the room. Ceiling fans are a particular favorite of his. He will spend long periods of time calmly watching the revolution of the fan blades. He also loves to people watch.
(Note the "Super Baby" onesie peeking out from under his Sunday outfit. One of my seminary students made that for him.)



Just to keep us on our toes, this little man continues to defy physical expectation. He is already able to sit up by himself! Sure, it lasts only a second or two before he slumps forward to a tripod sit, but still WAY impressive. I can't wait to see what this little He-man does in life.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of John in his Superbaby onesie! He is growing up so fast! And sitting up????? Wow! What a kid!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of John in his Superbaby onesie! He is growing up so fast! And sitting up????? Wow! What a kid!

Brock and Kate said...

Not going to lie, if I ran into him in a dark alley, I would be a little scared. That boy's got a tough-guy face to win them all! :)

Melinda said...

Marie you look so cute in that bottom picture! Pretty smile :)

Way to go Johnny!