Sunday, April 5, 2009

28 is GREAT

For my birthday, this handsome fella...
took most of the day off work to treat me to a kid-free afternoon at the Cherry Blossom Festival. (Thanks, Grammy, for watching the kids! They had the BEST day.) It had been raining all morning - really, it was more a of a deluge. However, we were resolved to make the best of it and, armed with umbrellas, we headed to the Tidal Basin.

Although at times the walkway next to the water was impassable and looked like this...
the skies cleared, and it was a balmy 70 degrees for our outing. We walked the circumference of the Tidal Basin, taking time to stop by the Jefferson and FDR Memorials. But mostly, we were enjoying the blossoms and blue skies.

I've decided that I lead a charmed life. As our wedding day approached nearly 6 years ago, it had been raining for a month straight. The road to the temple was closed because of flooding. But, for our wedding the skies parted, and we had an outdoor reception as planned. 
Life is GOOD with Adam in the picture. 

Now, my birthday wishes are completely fulfilled. I have spent the last three days celebrating with family, had a leisurely date with my hubby, and even got a little tree-hugging in. Thanks to everyone who helped make this weekend so spectacular!


11 comments:

Melinda said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I just love you so much. :) Adam is a great husband. And you are a super big sister! I hope you had a special day.

Melinda said...

BT dub, you do NOT look 28.

Laura said...

happy birthday! glad you got to celebrate with some good times. we rented enchanted the other night and thought of you...

Eva McGann said...

This looks like you two had so much fun! Happy Birthday!

Just Katy said...

Happy Birthday. Is anyone else wondering what Melinda thinks a 28 year old looks like?

Melinda said...

Haha for your information, Katy, I do NOT envision 28-year-olds as being decrepit old hags. :)

K Cummings said...

Who said anything about decrepit old hags?

Celeste Elaine said...

Marie, you look right at home in Virginia with that Wride family.

I loved these pictures!

LINSY said...

I know a few more words that rhyme with 28 - ask Hanne Pate. Love ya like a sista Maria! Happy Birthday!!!!!

merilee said...

Which was better to hug, the tree, or Adam. Looked like you enjoyed both. We loved watching Emma and Spencer.

Mom/Grammy

lori said...

I hate when I read posts, mean to come back and comment, and then forget!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are such a beautiful, dear friend! Even at the ripe old age of 28 =)