Tuesday, March 24, 2009

To the rescue...

I feel like Supermom. I just remembered (at 11PM) that I want to make beans for dinner tomorrow. Heroic act number one, since that means I need to soak them overnight and I have forgotten to do this for the few weeks. (This dish has been on my weekly menu list a while). I headed down and instead of shirking the task of sorting the beans, I went through them carefully and managed to pull out not one but THREE rocks. That's right...I have saved the day and my family's teeth. For the moment, I feel just super.

3 comments:

Eva McGann said...

Ok, Marie I need to give you a tip...beans come canned...and all you have to do is warm them up! haha! :) I don't even know where you buy beans with rocks in them!! If the ones from the storehouse come with rocks in them you need to tell me b/c I have lots of them stored and in the even that I need to eat them someday I will need to know to look for rocks!

Kristin said...

You ARE Supermom, Marie! For so many reasons but remembering the beans at 11pm can certainly be one of them :)

Marie W said...

Thanks, Kristin!

Eva - you're so funny. Definitely sort the storehouse beans (take out any shriveled ones and look for rocks). I had been warned before, never found any, but now to find 3 in one bag of dried beans! Yeah, I'm converted to sorting.