Monday, March 16, 2009

Cookie pie


DSC03785
Originally uploaded by Adam W.
It was Spencer's turn to do the treats for Family Home Evening this week. When I asked him what he wanted to make, he responded, "Cookie pie."

"How do you make that?" I asked.

"You put cookie dough in a pie thing (plate) and cook it."

Got it.

When I asked him where he got the idea, he pointed to an area of the kitchen near the counter and said, "I was right here, and I thought of it."

The kid's got a great brain. Cookie pie was a great success. We used sugar cookie dough, baked it for 2-3x the normal time, frosted it, and added sprinkles. Delicious.

Ignore my attempt to fix the red eyes in the photo. That's the only drawback to having blue-eyed kiddos.

Thanks to Spencer for sharing a great idea!

6 comments:

Celeste Elaine said...

Oh, how I love you Wrides!

Way to go, Spence!

lori said...

mmmm! That sounds great, Spencer! Maybe you have a little chef on your hands!

Chelsea said...

Aw man, I thought *I* was the only one who had thought of cookie pie! I've been outsmarted by a 3 year old. :D

It was fun seeing you all the other night!

sarah e. said...

Awww! I saw your blog through Jenny's. What a cute family you are!! Brainstorms involving yummy treats are the kind I like. You have one smart cookie...hahaha(I know it's awful). And I can totally relate on the red-eye thing. You did a good job.

Melinda said...

Yay you're back! I've missed reading your posts. I can't believe Spencer is almost 4. Weird.

merilee said...

Wow, Spencer. I'm going to make cookie pie next week for my kids!

Grammy