Sunday, February 7, 2010

Okay...one more

A friend of mine had a great idea this Fall. Instead of signing all our kids up for the county's soccer program, we put $10 towards buying t-shirts and trophies and got some dads to volunteer to coach our group of 10. We met once a week for practice, which ended in a scrimmage of sorts (or as close as you get with a team of 4-year-olds. Adam was the assistant coach, and Spencer found soccer practice to be a highlight of his week. Emma and I loved it too, since we got to hang out with the other soccer moms and kids.


Practices took place in the open area behind Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was SUCH a success that I think we are going to try t-ball in the Spring.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love love LOVE that picture of spence. What a great idea!

lori said...

I just did a quick scan - will have to come back later (post-children in bed) for a better read. These things I have to say: the homemade soccer team=ingenious. And Emma is looking SO GROWN UP and SO CUTE!!! My goodness!!!

Twinkies said...

We totally want in on the action.

sara said...

Hi Friend!
I just loved catching up with your cute family. Boy do I miss you guys!
It is fun to read and see what you have been up too. I just added you to my blog list.
Follow us at slatterseven.blogspot.com
xoxo