Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Time of Change

A lot has been going on as of late:
-We've changed residences (exactly 2 miles from where we were before).
-I've changed from 2nd to 1st violin in the Mormon Orchestra for this concert.
-That means I change positions a lot more and play the highest note possible on my violin. Yikes!
-Adam has changed the number of businesses he is involved in from 3 to 4...but maybe I've lost count and it's more than that. 
-Spencer and Emma have gone from sleeping in our room (or in an attached closet-like space) their whole lives to having rooms of their own.
-We've gone from being responsible for the cleaning and care taking of one level to three.

And with all of this change, we needed a change of pace this morning. So...we played hookie from scripture class, stayed in our pjs until about 10, played doctor, read books, and now we are going to buy Valentines and rosin (for Spencer's violin) and have fun playing with those this afternoon.

It feels like a snow day without having to shovel, and I am loving it.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

This post made me smile. I'm glad you kids are settling in and happy. Luvs!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations on the move!

Celeste Elaine said...

Oh, but how good it is to see you back in the posting! To those dear, four Wrides, I hope that everything is going well. Good luck with all you're doing. Send pictures of the kid's rooms, will you? I'd love to see them with some of your own things in there.

Love you all!

merilee said...

Joel was telling me all the good and bad things about the four seasons. Snow shoveling came up on his "bad" list, too. I wonder why?

Mom

Eva McGann said...

Ok, so I miss one Sunday of Relief Society and you MOVE INTO A NEW HOUSE???? How did I miss that info? Congrats to you! Well at least you made the "change" during the right administration...maybe you will have "hope" too...Hope and Change...ha ha ha ha ha.

Marie W said...

Don't worry, Eva...we're still local. We just hopped over to the Larsen's. :0)

Thanks for all the congratulatory comments, folks!

Katie and Eric said...

How exciting to move to a new place. It sounds like things are going great! Lots of love!

lori said...

Been meaning to comment forever!! We love you guys and are always so impressed to hear what you're up to! So glad about your violining! Wish we could come hear you play! And good luck to Adam - sounds like his hands are full!! Miss you, friends!