Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy 9th Anniversary

June 20th fell in the middle of Girls Camp this year. I decided it was important for this YW President to take the evening off from camp and go out to dinner with one amazing, supportive husband. I was super blessed to suffer from minimal morning sickness while up at Camp Snyder; as soon as I came home, it came on strong. First trimester is always tricky. Nothing a nap and dinner out couldn't help cure. Adam took me to a fancy French restaurant in downtown Leesburg called "The Eiffel Tower Cafe." He and I have a standing competition when we eat out regarding who ordered the better meal. On this particular evening, Adam won with some tasty lamb while my pork chops were dry and overcooked. A pregnant woman is hard to please. I was afraid to send it back, though, knowing the reputation that the French have with their food.

We closed out the meal with some tasty creme brulee. It is strange to look back on the past 9 years. They have flown by, and yet it is hard to imagine that there was a time when Adam and I weren't yet married. I am happy to have spent these years with such a great man and am looking forward to the eternity ahead of us.

1 comment: