Saturday, May 5, 2012

Size Matters Not

This morning, we are off to distribute flyers for a local food drive. I encouraged Spencer to put on his running shoes instead of Crocs, to which he responded, "I'm actually glad you asked me to put on my running shoes, so I can show you how fast I've become. I've really improved." (The "p" in "improved" reminds me of Daffy Duck. Hard to talk with two front teeth missing.)

 Then he launched into a discussion of who the fast runners are in his class, and Emma joined in.

S: A__ is the fastest runner in my class.
E: Is he the smallest one who came to your birthday party?
S: Yes.
E: How can he be the fastest if he is the smallest?
S: Size matters not. Emma, it's like Yoda. He's the smallest, but he's also the best.

 So you see, Star Wars has an explanation for everything.

 *Of note: we most definitely did make light saber noises while cutting into our General Grievous pizza last night. John ate voraciously, consuming three of the four extremities: two jowls and an ear. Spencer said it was the best dinner ever made in Loudoun County. Today, Spencer and John were running around as clone troopers (in a new costume Spence got with some bday money), and Emma had a jedi robe on. We have celebrated Star Wars day in fine fashion. Love embracing the passions and interests of these cute kids!

Picture proof:

2 comments:

cellomom5 said...

Did he really say, "Size matters not?"!!! What a man!

Marie W said...

Yep, a direct quote.