Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

This Mother's Day, I was treated to breakfast in bed. In keeping with tradition, the whole family joined in for the feast.  I had stirred a bit too early and was sent back upstairs to await the presentation of the breakfast, but that ended up fitting the script for the morning; Emma had searched the bookshelves for Fancy Nancy's Marvelous Mother Day Brunch (which we last read months ago), and our morning mirrored theirs quite nicely.

 Spencer and Emma picked flowers from the garden to place on the tray. This was Spencer's idea, and he and Emma executed the plan while Adam was making the cinnamon rolls.

The two smaller vases are full of their findings. The larger bouquet came special delivery earlier this week along with a beautiful note from my amazing hubby.

The note reads:

Easy to love this man of mine. Since I was quickly shooed out of the kitchen this morning, I couldn't snap a photo of the activity going on there, so Fancy Nancy will have to suffice.

Emma came up to keep me company while we awaited the breakfast presentation. While we waited, she insisted on getting fancy and showed me the pages of her book to demonstrate her meaning.

Emma got all dressed up in her Sunday dress, paired it with a headband and insisted that we could not begin until she had her ring in place (a recent acquisition from Friday's wellness visit to the doctor where she got a shot, a finger poke, and 2 prizes for her endurance).

Fancy Nancy's mother couldn't have been happier than I was this morning. It was a picture perfect way to start Mother's Day.

Surrounded by the people I love.


I really did feel special today. 

Sweet Spencer served the cinnamon rolls.

And a BIG thank you to the man who made this day possible. I love being a mother with this father by my side. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day Marie!!! Love you!

Brock and Kate said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are so wonderful and darling. I love you!!!!

cellomom5 said...

You may or may not have just made me cry. You are such a great mommy!

Marie W said...

Thanks, Wride gals. A very Happy Mother's Day to you amazing women as well.